All that being said, here is a list of what's been keeping me busy this summer:
- Graduate Thesis, or, more accurately, my "Thesis Proposal" for what will one day be a collection of short stories. Or so I'm told. Or so I keep telling myself, anyway.
- Going to Hawaii. Mostly Kauai, to be specific, which happens to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. And also Oahu.
- My wife's sister getting married in LA.
- My sister getting married in Alaska.
- Family Reunions...ish...es.
- Reading books. Unfortunately, not as many as I would like. I've read about 25ish books this year--woefully short of my goal (around 60).
- Getting ready for Renovation--my first Worldcon, which I'm pretty excited about.
- Starcraft II. For the swarm, indeed.
- Watching Alias.
- Getting a new computer. (Which I'm hoping will up my productivity--or, again, so I keep telling myself.)
- Teaching freshmans how to write good.
So there you have it. Will I post again in the near future? Only time will tell. I may talk about my first year of grad school. I may talk about how my writing is going. I may talk about Zerg strategies in SC2. I may even talk about ballroom dancing. Until then--keep it real, and keep it simple. Keep it real simple.