Thursday, February 07, 2013

I've been sick.

You may have noticed I haven't posted much recently.  This time, I feel like I actually have a pretty legitimate set of excuses that include but are not limited to:
  • what may or may not have begun as a stomach flu
  • two ER visits in two days
  • my first IV ever (which included my first intravenous drug experience)
  • my second IV ever (which included my first morphine and dilaudid experiences)
  • vomiting dark red blood and totally freaking out about it
  • severe stomach pains
  • even more severe,  if-this-is-what-periods-are-like-why-don't-women-kill-themselves-every-month stomach pains
  • like, really really really REALLY severe, I'm-going-to-die-any-minute, please-knock-me-unconscious-because-I'd-do-anything-to-get-out-of-this, someone-just-stabbed-me-in-the-stomach-with-a-dagger-the-width-of-a-plate-and-is-now-twisting-it-around-in-my-guts stomach pains
  • not eating solid foods for about 48 hours straight
  • x-rays, EKGs, and CT scans
  • acute appendicitis diagnosis
  • appendectomy moved up because they were worried it would burst before the surgery, or that it would explode the minute they touched it
  • a crazytimes video of me just after the surgery, hopped up on doobies (or the post-op equivalent), singing the Taylor Swift song "Trouble" (because, apparently, I was talking about how my appendix was nothing but trouble and then burst into song) and acting like a general weirdo...(see video at end of post)
  • lots of recovery, resting, drugs in just about every way shape and form, and weird sleeping habits
  • my wife taking care of me like a freaking boss through the whole thing
So, yeah, that's been the last week or so for me.  Short version:  It's been awful.  But there is a bright side:  my progress bar for BTD 2.0 has been creeping up bit by bit, which makes me happy.  Appendicitis will NOT stop the writer!  MUAHAHAHAHAHA...

No comments:

Post a Comment