Monday, March 11, 2013

Revision Update

Just a brief update on how my revisions have been going for BTD.  In short:  like, really really good.  :-)

You may have noticed the progress bar slowly creeping forward.  I've set a goal to go through a minimun of 3k words every day, and so far I've been hitting that consistently.  On a good day, I'll get up through upwards of 5k, which is pretty impressive (for me) if I do say so myself.

I feel like I've gotten into a pretty solid groove.  I mentioned a few weeks ago that I was going to outline my novel according to Dan Wells' 7 Point Story Structure.  Well, I did that, and I think that was particularly helpful in motivating me to get through this revision.  Just being able to see the plot progression and main checkpoints for each character a bit clearer has been invaluable.  It's definitely something I plan on doing for future works (at least the longer ones).

So, yeah.  Going along well.  My deadline for myself to finish BTD 2.0 is May 1st.  Come hell or high water, that's what I'm going to do.  But, if things keep progressing the way they have, I should hit that deadline no problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment