Thursday, April 05, 2018

March Madness (IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK)

Whew. Well, I'm back!

March was just...it was crazy. In fact I'll coin a completely new and never-before-heard term to describe my past month: March Madness™️.

First, I was plowing through revisions. I'll post more on this later, but I was revising (and writing new stuff) like a madman for three weeks.

As soon as I finished that, I went to work on the BYU Keynote Address I'd be delivering that I mentioned a couple weeks ago. And, of course, while working on that and just two days before my address, I came down with strep throat. Yuck. It was miserable and I was worried about giving the address at all, but it happened. I had to change up how I was delivering the address at the last minute because I was still feeling pretty sick and weak, but I did it, and all things considered I think it went very well. I really have no way of knowing to be honest, I barely remember anything from that night because I was feeling so off, but afterwards people approached me and I think they said good things. Friends and family who were present also thought it went very well. So, yeah. I did that thing, and I think it was awesome!

The very next morning I woke up at 6am to go to the airport, where I picked up a new truck and drove it down from Alaska. That was an adventure, and I'll post a bit more about that later as well.

Anyway. March Madness, ya'll. Here are some pictures of the honors thing. (And I'll share the full address in an upcoming blogpost as well.)

The advertisement thingy.
At the thing. I'm literally about to fall over.

I wore red shoes and it was effing amazing.

They were very kind and welcoming and gave me a fancy thing to put on my desk. All in all, a very good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment