Tuesday, February 12, 2019

BLOOD REQUIEM has been nominated for a Whitney Award


Blood Requiem, book 3 of the Chaos Queen Quintet, is up for a Whitney Award!

Both Duskfall and Dark Immolation were nominated for the same award in years past, but this is the first time I've made it to the finalist stage, so that's pretty exciting news.

You can check out the other finalists here. Blood Requiem is in the speculative category, and it's among tough competition and some truly awesome authors, among whom the inimitable Dave Butler--my book-touring, road-tripping accomplice--stands tall (literally and figuratively). I've heard some pretty amazing things about Veins of Gold (and I think Charlie Holmberg and I actually took Brandon Sanderson's class concurrently, although I could be wrong about that--there were a lot of people that cycled through that class). And, from what I've seen and read of the other two nominees, the competition will be fierce this year!

But Blood Requiem is a scrappy little book (ok, it's a scrappy big book), so it'll be fun to see who comes out on top. Either way, it's an honor to be a finalist in such company.

They'll announce who won in each category during the Whitney Gala on Friday 10 of May.


No comments:

Post a Comment