Saturday, June 04, 2022

QR22 Day 4 - The FEAR STREET Trilogy!




This should be old news, but I love horror films. And I went into this trilogy with pretty low expectations--I never read the Fear Street books growing up, but I read plenty of Goosebumps, and, I mean, those were great when I was twelve or whatever, but I wasn't expecting a lot here.

But to horribly mix metaphors, these films were firing every cylinder at an eleven. Solid jump scares, oppressive sense of dread, characters that weren't just believable and likable but also smart and capable...I was surprised by how good the first film in the trilogy was, and just sort of expected the other films to go downhill, but they didn't. They form a cohesive triptych that tells a complicated, interesting story, and they do it in a compelling way.

Also, some of the main characters are gay! A trilogy of really fun horror movies with some really good characters who happen to be gay. You should watch these films. Assuming horror is your thing, anyway, because the trilogy is Very Horror and I'd take the rating seriously. :-) 🏳️‍🌈

No comments:

Post a Comment