Monday, January 07, 2013

Some Blogging Aspirations for 2013

Here's the rub:  I want to blog more.  I enjoy it, and I think it's helpful to my writing in a whole lot of ways.  That said, I hesitate to make any grand promises about how frequent I'll post or how great those posts may or may not be because, well, I'm sort of trying to avoid the whole promises-I-can't/won't-keep thing.  So I won't express any of my specific goals.  But rest assured:  I'm planning on sending more posts your way.

I'd like to start posting some more reviews, about books and movies and whatever else I feel like reviewing, for one.  Talking more about my writing goals and process might be a good idea, for me more than anyone else, really.  I might start a series about my formative influences in which I explain, hopefully briefly, some specific ways those works and creators have influenced me and my work.  And, of course, I'll continue to post my crazy thoughts on all sorts of other crazy issues.  And probably post more random pictures.

I've thought about trying out different post themes for each day of the week, but I'm not sure how I feel about that.  The only one I've come up with so far is "Formative Influence Friday," and that's not exactly a goldmine of marketing genius by any stretch of the imagination.

So, yeah.  How's that for a nebulous, non-specific new year's goal shrouded in vaguery (and redundant, bad rhetoric)?  But, if you happen to have any suggestions or requests about things I can talk about, or how I can be more prolific as a blogger, I'd love to hear them down in the comments!

In other news:  I'll be attending the Wheel of Time midnight release party tonight where I'll be picking up A Memory of Light, the last book in the epic 14-part fantasy series to end all epic 14-part fantasy series.  Serieses?  Series.  Anyway, it's kind of a big deal in my world, because I'm kind of a big nerd, and I'm really excited.  Hey, maybe that'll be the subject of one of my soon-to-be-published, more frequent blog posts.  I bet I could think of some stuff to say on The Wheel of Time.

But, hey, no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment