Thursday, September 05, 2013

Duskfall

So, I figured I would give y'all some more info on the novel I just finished--Duskfall.  It's a dark, heroic fantasy with epic tendencies (lol).  Here's the pitch:
Winter never thought she would marry at all, let alone to Knot, the man she found floating belly-down in the sea one year ago with no memory of who he was or where he came from.  Things get even more complicated when soldiers from the rival empire and two agents from the most powerful magic assassins in the world show up, both insisting that Knot is their property and demanding his return.  Winter and Knot are forced on a journey to discover his dark past, sort out their feelings for one another, and confront the dangerous addictive magic within Winter.
Basically, it's Bourne Identity meets Dune meets Requiem for a Dream in a fantasy world.  And it's AWESOME.


Some Stats:
Total Word Count:  180,864
Total Manuscript Pages:  913
Chapters:  63, not including an Epilogue
Viewpoint Characters:  3 major, 4 minor
File Size:  1.9 MB for the manuscript itself; 20.4 MB for the entire Scrivener document
Series Bible:  almost 20,000 words and counting
Start Date:  for this revision (this was the 2nd major revision), June 2013
End Date:  27 August 2013

So there you have it.  Right now I'm outlining a short story for WoTF.  It's the first time I've tried outlining in some time, so I'll definitely keep you posted on how it goes.  I think it will be a good exercise, if nothing else.  After the story, I'm moving on to another novel!

I'll tell you one thing, though:  it feels good to have a fairly-polished-ish draft of this one done.  The ball, at least as far as this novel is concerned, is no longer in my court; it's up to editors and agents galore.  So bring it on, I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment