Friday, November 16, 2018

2018 Whitney Award Nomination


Some good news: Blood Requiem was recently nominated for a Whitney Award!

It always makes me happy to hear one of my books is up for an award, and this is no exception. Also, because this award is given by a committee, there's no need for me to campaign for it, which sounds rather relaxing tbh. I can just sit back and cross my fingers.

In other news, I'm making some significant progress on prewriting for my next project. I won't say too much about it right now, but I should be able to move into writing the first draft very soon. My goal is to finish at least a draft of the first book in the new trilogy by early next year. Right now that's certainly looking possible, and another reason to cross my fingers!

🤞

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on both the award nomination and for making progress on this new trilogy you're working on *interest levels intensifies*. That's so awesome! I'm *super* curious how you manage to write a new trilogy/story while also deep in the heart of your quintet, if you ever have time to write a blog post (or just respond here). :) Either way, have a lovely day and good luck writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's an...interesting topic, and I'll move it towards the top of my to-blog list. :-)

      Delete