Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Blood Requiem Final Draft

Just got editorial notes for Blood Requiem back from my editor yesterday. I have to say, I'm very excited about the final draft of this book. I've already gotten some great feedback from my writing group on a few of the sequences in the book, and looking at my editor's notes, I think it will all synergies very well. Book 3 will coalesce into something pretty awesome, I think.

I'm back to the point with book 3 where I'm excited about and proud of what is going on, which is always a good place to be as a writer. Like most writers, I inevitably go through phases with each project where I'm alternatingly excited about, bored with, horrified/embarrassed by, excited about again, and ultimately proud of a given book. It's nice to be in the positive swing of that once again.

I'm aiming to get the final revision done by 12 March. That should be doable. After that, it'll go through copy edits, and before you know it I'll have ARCs in my hands!

Anyway, all this is to say that I generally enjoy and like what I write, and I think that's a good thing :-).

No comments:

Post a Comment