Tuesday, June 07, 2022

QR22 Day 7 - Gideon the Ninth


There honestly aren't a lot of books out there that I wish I'd written. I love a lot of books, but mostly...I write what I want to read, because it isn't already out there, yeah? But for Day 7 of Queer Rep I've chosen the first two books in a series that I 100% wish I had written because I love eVerYtHiNG about them.

"Lesbian necromancers explore a haunted gothic palace in space!" If that tagline isn't enough, these books somehow found a direct line to my type of funny because I think they are hilarious (think all your favorite memes somehow smashed into science fantasy books in a way that...really works?). And fascinating (I love discovering more and more about the necromantic magic system). Also heartrending. And so, so good. Gideon and Harrow and Ianthe and Camilla and Palamedes and...I adore them all. Hands down these are my top two books I've read in years--years!--and I eagerly await book three in Tamsyn Muir's series this fall. In short, the queerness is strong with these books, and also I truly love them. 🏳️‍🌈

(Link to ongoing QR22 list here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment